How to Clean Your Vape Pen
The optimal performance and durability of your vape device are dependent on adequate care and maintenance, and one of the easiest ways to care for your vaporizer is through regular cleaning. Over long periods of use, there is a tendency for residues from the e-juice to accumulate and create a build-up that can clog parts of your device, and eventually hamper its performance. Sweeteners, food colorings, and Vegetable Glycerin used in the production of some vape juice flavorings are prone to clogging the components of a vaporizer, and a clogged coil will produce less flavor and vapor. Also, rinsing your vape device following each flavor change is a useful practice; this way, you will not risk having your new flavor compromised by the previous one you used.
How Often Should You Clean Your Vape Pen?
Generally, if for any reason, your vape device is not performing optimally, then it is time to give it a cleaning to improve its performance. As part of everyday maintenance practice, you can run a piece of cotton cloth over your device to get rid of dust and to maintain the battery area. Use a wet towel to remove stains and dirt build-up on the exterior, but you must make sure that you avoid wetting the buttons and charging ports.
How to Clean Your Vape Device
There are several ways to clean your vape device. Most times, the method you choose will largely depend on the level of dirt, and the device style.
Cleaning the All-In-One (AIO) starter unit design of the vape pen could be a bit tricky because if water gets into certain parts of the device, something can go wrong. The safest and convenient way to clean the one-piece vape pen is using a Q-tip soaked in distilled water or propylene glycol to wipe the interior parts of the tank thoroughly. And afterwards, go over it again with a dry Q-tip to finishing the cleaning.
However, if your vape pen comes with a detachable tank, the following cleaning tips will be sufficient.
A simple rinse is usually sufficient if your device is not too dirty. You can do this following these steps:
- Detach the tank and disassemble the other parts.
- Place each of the parts under running water.
- Place detached tank into a bowl of warm water.
- Allow it to sit until the water becomes cold.
- Rinse the tank once more under running water.
- Carefully dry each of the disassembled parts and tank with a piece of paper towel.
- Allow them to air dry completely before re-assembling.
Deep Cleaning with Alcohol
It is also not a bad idea to give your vape a deep cleaning with alcohol every few weeks to get rid of gunk from dirt build-up and improve the performance of your device. To perform this, follow these steps:
- Detach tank and disassemble it completely.
- Separate the other components also and place them under running water for a rinse.
- Dampen a piece of soft cloth with isopropyl alcohol and use this to scrub any the gunky areas.
- If there are any stubborn dirt and stains remaining, use a soft-bristled cleaning brushto scrub gently until the tank is clean entirely.
- Rinse the tank with warm water.
- Wipe the tank and other parts with a soft towel.
- Allow them all to air dry completely.
- Reassemble tank and device.
The importance of cleaning your vape device cannot be understated. Following these best practices will allow you to get the most out of your device and ensure its durability. Following the guides provided above will no doubt allow you to maximize your vaping experience!